Nous aimons utiliser le français dans nos interactions, mais nous ne sommes pas en mesure de maintenir un site web en français. Toutefois, nous avons une brochure en français et serions ravis de collaborer avec vous dans l’une ou l’autre langue !
We are working to create
- Multi-generational respectful community in Ottawa.
- Units of different sizes on a site near public transit, grocery stores, parks and libraries.
- Capacity to share things that are better shared: meals, yard work, guest rooms, books, toys, sorrows, joys, . . .
- Close relationships between members
- Community: Balancing individual and communal needs
- Harmony: Encouraging cooperation, respect, plain speaking.
- Inclusiveness: Including people of all ages, races and backgrounds.
- Sustainability: In society, finances and our environment.
- Joyfulness: Encouraging play, art, life, laughter & support.
We chose the name Concorde because the root of the word “concord” means “hearts together.” We are committed to the work of learning to live in harmony with each other, recognizing each person’s unique gifts while balancing the needs of individuals with the needs of the community. We want our neighbourhood to be sustainable, inclusive, and joyful.
You can follow our public discussions and get early access to some newsletter articles on our facebook page at www.facebook.com/ConcordeCohousingOttawa